Friday, April 18, 2008

Fiber Friday, April 18

I got in a new brand of dyes this week, so I don't have bunches to show you, but I hope you'll enjoy them none-the-less!!


This is April Showers, which is a thick and thin art yarn I hand spun from roving I dyed in a gentle blue grey with bits of pink and purple. I plied it with a gray thread and seed beads in blue, purple, and clear...both sparkly and pearlescent.
April Showers - Closeup


It hit a treasury that went to the front page on Sunday night, and is now up to 382 views!!!




This purple and pink yarn is the result of the roving I showed you last week. I ended up with about 203 yards, and I'm pretty happy with it. My first ply was not nearly as good as my second, but that is how things go, right?

Hand Spun - Purple





This is Cinnamon Toast, which is hand dyed on Superwash Merino & Nylon Sock Yarn.

Cinnamon Toast Sock Yarn



Sapphire is also on the Superwash Merino & Nylon Sock Yarn

Sapphire Sock Yarn



This rainbow roving is 85% wool and 15% mohair, from the Brown Sheep Company. There are about 4.1 ounces.

Rainbow Roving

No comments: