Friday, August 10, 2007

My ball winder arrived!!






I totally caved and purchase a really nice ball winder from Nancy's Knit Knacks. It looks neat, and winds these super cool balls! Trust me, it was worth every penny, and now I can wind the yarn into center pull balls for you! Shown above are a sampling of single color ombres I made to be listed in my Etsy Shop.... http://thepaintedtiger.etsy.com/ .





Above are some other colors I've been working on. The first is Gobble, Gobble (remember making those construction paper turkeys as a kid....same colors!). The bottom two are the exact same rainbow dyebath. On the left is a Superwash Merino/Nylon blend, and the one on the right is laceweight Merino wool. Amazing how the superwash treatment really changes how the color takes on the yarn. These are being wound and will appear in my Etsy shop within the next week.

2 comments:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

I always learn so much - I never even knew such an item existed! Found your blog through Etsy Sellers Who Blog and thought I'd say "hi"

ThePaintedTiger said...

Hi to you too! Thanks for the 'how you found me'....It is always interesting to know which links work!