Monday, October 29, 2007

This week, I dabbled in semi-solid hand dyed sock yarn. The random shadings of light and dark are deceptively tricky to produce (and photograph), but I think these turned out well!
From top left, then clockwise:
All of these are in a high quality Superwash Merino and Nylon blend (80/20%). The yarn is on the thick side of fingering (420 yards per 100 grams) for projects that knit up just a bit more quickly, and has a nice twist for good stitch definition. Show off your favorite color AND your favorite new stitch pattern! Jaywalkers, anyone?
In other news, I've finally received my long awaited invite to Ravelry, and look forward to networking with you all! I am ThePaintedTiger there, also, and my yarns are set up as The Painted Tiger (with spaces). I'm working on getting linked so I can get some pics and such up there!

No comments: